Activate: iConference 2023
Applications open February 1 – February 25 11:59PM.
Call for submissions! Interested in sharing your work at Activate: iConference 2023?
We invite all Faculty of Information students to submit proposals on the theme of Information Activism, or more broadly the role that activism can take in shaping information spaces and GLAM institutions. With the increasing calls for institutions to reckon with their problematic legacies and the rise of misinformation in the digital age, this conference wants to highlight the many different ways information and museum professionals can take action and activate change.
We are interested in presentations that are based on academic work, theses, internships, co-ops, capstone projects, outside work or personal projects.
Students can propose to share their work in one of 4 forms:
- Lighting Talk (3-5 minutes)
- Slide Presentation (8-10 minutes)
- Workshop (35-45 Minutes)
- Research abstract/paper
We are looking for presentations and research from students that directly investigates or are adjacent to questions such as:
- What is the relationship between activism and information spaces/GLAM institutions today and what role does activism play in shaping them?
- How can activism be used as a tool to disrupt, shift or otherwise alter the existing practices and processes used within these institutions to raise awareness and find solutions for existing inequalities and injustices?
- How can information spaces and GLAM institutions engage with activism to better serve their community?
For more information about the application process and other considerations, check out our FAQ page or send us an email at iConference.firstname.lastname@example.org.