on this page:
News & updates, ischool resources, MISC Support, 2020 convocation
As students ourselves, we understand that it’s been challenging to adapt to the new reality of student life during COVID-19. We are here to support you and relay your concerns to Student Services and the UofT community more broadly.
We’ll continue updating this page as developments continue!
News & Updates
- Please see the iSchool’s COVID-19 info page for updates on coursework, financial assistance, and other resources.
- Incoming students, please join our Incoming Students Facebook Group to ask questions, get to know your peers, and stay informed on everything iSchool related.
- Visit MISC’s Guide to COVID-19 for self-isolation activities and resources for MI students during this time. There is a cover sheet with updates that we update as soon as we have new information.
- MISC’s iStudents for Mental Health Committee is keeping tabs on changes to availability of mental health resources during the COVID-19 crisis and posting updates on their COVID-19 Mental Health Support page.
- If you’re sick or at risk of becoming sick and are worried about running errands, the MISC Accessibility Interests Working Group is offering grocery & pharmacy delivery. Email email@example.com to request support.
- The MISC Accessibility Interests Working Group is also offering social support via video chat for students struggling with the impacts of self-isolation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting time.
SPRING 2020 COnvocation
On April 3, UofT announced plans for a virtual University-wide convocation ceremony to make up for cancelled in-person ceremonies in June. UofT also announced that individual departments are free to plan their own convocation-style ceremonies for their students. On the same day, our Dean committed to planning a convocation-style ceremony (with gowns and all!) and reception for the Spring class of 2020, to take place eventually once social distancing measures. Spring 2020 graduates should keep an eye on their email for updates.