Did you know that your key fob gives you 24/7* access to the student lounge on the seventh floor of Bissell (Room 705)? That’s right! Whether you’re looking for somewhere to take a break between classes, or host the next meeting of your student group, the student lounge is the place for you.
* Except when the Bissell building is completely closed. iSchool staff usually announce these occasional closures via the listserv.
- Toaster oven
- Keurig coffee machine
- SMART Board
- Nintendo Wii
Book the Lounge
Master of Information and Master of Museum Studies students may book the student lounge on the seventh floor of Bissell (Room 705) for events using the form below. Bookings will be marked on the lounge booking calendar only. If you would like to promote your event to students, please remember to fill out the MISC calendar posting form as well.
Although no two groups may book the lounge at the same time, other students may enter and use the lounge during the event. If you require a private room, we suggest booking a study room through the Inforum. Please e-mail any questions or concerns to the MISC VP-Operations.
Have any feedback or suggestions for improving the student lounge space? Please fill out the form below!
- Sink: Because of the way Bissell is built, installing a sink would cost $15,000+ and would involve ripping out the walls and some of the flooring in several rooms on the seventh floor. Sorry!
- Espresso machine: This idea was suggested by students at the Tech Fund Ideas Party in 2012. The Tech Fund discussed the various logistics of setting up an espresso machine in the student lounge, and unanimously voted against it .
- Balcony access: This idea was rejected by the building manager for Bissell for safety reasons.
- Computer with internet access: The Mac in the student lounge does not currently have internet access. The Tech Fund is working with the iSchool’s IT staff to see if this can be arranged.