Jaisie Sin (Webmaster)
Jaisie Sin is a first year Master of Information student in the concentrations of Information Systems & Design and User Experience Design. She is a Faculty Council Representative and the First Year Tech Fund Representative. Her mission in the former is to ensure a strong student presence at Faculty Council Meetings and make sure student needs will be heard, while her objective in the latter is to bring to the iSchool the best student experience money can buy.
Jaisie hails from Toronto and earned an Honours BSc in Neuroscience and Computer Science from the University of Toronto. Her education is a reflection of her diverse interests, which include human-computer interaction, social psychology, security, social engineering, medicine, game design, artificial intelligence, and software development. When she has spare time, Jaisie enjoys experimenting with physics in video games, exploring fun weekend software projects, and dabbling in bullet journaling. Jaisie is also a member of the Web Team at the iSchool's chapter of the Association for Computer Machinery (ACM).
If you see Jaisie in the halls, please feel free to say hi and fill her in on your ideas on what event, workshop, or equipment the Tech Fund can fund next!
- Ensures that MISC has an updated and accurate presence on the web
- Is responsible for the maintenance of the MISC website
- Is responsible for the dissemination of knowledge relating to MISC business including financial statements, agendas, and minutes of the Governing Council meetings via the website
- Is responsible for promoting MISC’s events via the website
As an Executive member of the Council, the Webmaster:
- Attends MISC meetings and is given one vote
- Attends emergency meetings
- Represents and helps MISC at various events